Being healthy and life a happy lifestyle is a priority in a lot of peoples lives. At the same time it can feel hard and we start procrastinating. But actually it is not that hard to make a few changes in your daily routine that will make you happier and healthier both mentally and physically.
1. Drink at least 2 litres of water everyday. A huge percentage of the population on earth today are chronicaly hydrated. Drinking more water each day will improve your mood, give you better skin, help you sleep better, make you loose weight and helps your organs. So if you know that you drink too little water, bring a bottle with you to school or work that reminds you to drink more.
2. Be outside everyday. Getting sunlight is vital for your body. If you don't get enough sunlight or vitamin B you can get depression. If you know that you life in a darker part of the world where the weather can be very grey and cloudy, make sure to buy vitamin B tablets at your drugstore.
3. Exercise daily. Working out is a great way to start your day. Even if it is just for 5 minutes every morning. It helps wake up your body and metabolism, and it helps your body focus throughout the day. If you have more time it is also great to go for a walk and get the recommended 10,000 steps a day. 30 minutes of exercise should be your minimal goal, and using a step tracker app on your phone is a great way to keep track.
4. Read a book. Getting away from technology is really important. Reading a book is a great way to relax, and it is very good for your brain. Using your laptop for too long can be hard for your eyes and your brain and can often give you a headache, so try to at least read 2 chapters of a book a day.
5. Keep a journal. Journaling is a very good way to keep track of your day, mood and thoughts. There are multiple ways to keep track. Some people like bullet journaling and have creative ways to use mood trackers and write down thoughts. Other people just like it simple and use a notebook to write daily. The most important thing is just to write down something daily, even if it's just a few lines. It can help you process your thought and emotions instead of keeping them in and have them build up and explode for a minor issue.
6. Be of your phone for at least 1 hour. People spend way to much time using technology and phone nowadays. Putting your phone away for an hour or so every day can help you relax and just focus on yourself. Take a bath, read a good book, studying, cleaning, meditating, do a workout, whatever makes you calm as long as it does not involve technology.
7. Have a to do list everyday. Keeping track of what tasks you have to do every day can help you clear your brain and not make you as stressed. Knowing which events are coming up, what assignment is due at school or anything else. Having it on paper helps you remember and helps you to know what you should prioritize. And for me personally, i lose crossing over tasks i have finished and seeing the progress which makes me even more motivated to finish the rest.
8. Eat less junk. It can be easy to just grab the nearest snack when you're hungry or in a rush. But just choosing grapes over candy or an apple over chips can make you feel so much better. Make a list of snacks to replace the junk with and have them ready in you fridge for when you get hungry or start craving. Having fruit instead of junk can also help us feel better and get more productive since the food that you're eating actually helps your body and gives it nutrients.
9. Smile more. Meeting people or just smile at a stranger can boost both your mood and other peoples moods. Smiling even when you actually feel like crap can trick your brain into feeling happy and boost your mood. So if you feel like your day is shitty, smile even if it makes you look like an idiot because it will help.
10. Clean a little every day. Decluttering your work area, study place or house can make you much happier. Instead of seeing a mess every time and getting stressed you will feel relieved, and it is very therapeutic for many people to clean. It also means that you don't have to clean for a really long time once a week, but just for 5-10 minutes every day.