Just for your information, I start writing that post on Aug 4 and because of my lizard brain (you'll understand that term if you'll continue reading), I didn't post it.....So:
Lately, I'm asking myself if it is worth to start my own business and where should I start.
I'm following some successful people on social media, youtube, where they share their stories or tips to success; as well I'm talking with people that I know about their business and lifestyle.
What I found out is that all of them have in common few things:
1. They are authentic. Jobs said: 'Don't live a limited life... ' or like Warren Buffett says: ' Don't care what others think (emotional stability)... "; you have to do it your way (Seth Godin) and that's it.
2. Have a Passion: you have to love what you're doing, because sooner or later you'll come to obstacles and if you're passionate about your product/service you'll cross them. Be patiently impatient as Seth Godin says.
3. Oprah is saying: 'Believe, believe, believe... ': stay hungry, stay foolish (S.Jobs)
Usually we hear the comments: "They can be who they are, because they have money and that's why people accept them." I think it's opposite. They don't care what people say or think about them, so their focus is clear.
4. Find your Purpose (Oprah W.): This is actually your story.
5. Always give your best (Oprah): Steve Jobs said: ' Don't sell a crap... ' Warren Buffet is saying that you need to model success and stay always competing. Oprah point it good with: 'Understand the next right move... '
6. My ex-boss told me that for being a good manager you need to have three qualities: Intelligence, Integrity and Energy (Warren Buffett), and make sure that you choose a team with the same qualities, because it's hard to win alone.
7. Create something Remarkable, because this is who you are.
Seth Godin pointed out some good advices:
- People are buying from you because they know you exist and they trust you.
- You need to care, you don't need a method.
- Consistency is a version of authenticity.
...and now what are 'lizard brains'
Lizard brain resists you to stand out or try to stop you before shipping your product. They are loud and try to convince you: ' You're not good enough .... , there are many products ... , nobody will buy it... etc.' What you do for living is 'shipping', because everything what you do is about finishing and not starting. Your business is your obligation and you build your world around it.
You need quite lizard brains and if you're trashing, do it at the beginning, because it will cost you less.