Spring semester is coming to an end and so is my blog (at least for “nouw”). I am taking a little break. Which sounds somewhat convenient because we are heading towards summer break. I have truly enjoyed posting my blogs here and especially enjoyed reading all of your AWEsome comments. I would like to thank each one of you, who have visited my blog, and made my experience here so exceptional.
Here is a little recap of what I have talked about during these past three months.
- By now, we know that a lot of our happiness is within our control (namely 40 %)! Wohoo!! Your intentional activities (decisions and actions) are what matters the most, not money and materialistic things.
- Be self-compassionate towards yourself. Treat yourself with kindness, be mindful, and remember that failure is a part of common humanity
- Express gratitude!! We have some many things to be grateful for. Remember the effects of writing it down.
- There are more words for negative emotions than positive. It may be a result from evolution, but hey, we can fix that ;) Google some positive emotions and start using them!
- The art of fighting right – is the fight really worth it? Focus on the argument at the moment and try not to bring up things from the past. One of my strategies are to avoid saying “you always” and “you never.”
- Warm acts of kindness can make you as happy as the person you are being kind towards. Positive emotions create an upward spiral!
- Remember to savor your daylight moments! It is important to really find pleasure and enjoy what we are doing (I am working on eating slower).
- Take care of your body and make time for exercise! One of the elements I am particularly striving to improve upon.
- It is so important to get an adequate amount of sleep! Try to withstand temptations and make time for sleep. It will make you so much more energetic and happy!
- Go with the flow – Try to get into as many flow states as you can!
Now, I think that I am ready to let you go off to the world and make this happen! That is what I am going to do. I am going to decrease my hours on social media and take pleasure in moments outside the social media world.
I hope that you have enjoyed this as much as I have.
I wish you all the best! Lots of love, yours truly awezelda
I found this great picture on pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/396879785882630645/