Lentils. One of my favorie vegan protein sources. Ever since I found a recipe on an indian lentil stew this summer I've loved them. But this time I wanted to make it a bit different. I wanted to create my own recipe just to get away from long instructions and ingredient that might would be missing. And well. It turned out great. The pic didn't turn out as well as the meal tho... Anyways, here's the recipe.
Green spinach & broccoli lentil stew
- 200g (about 300ml) red lentls
- 450ml water (You might need to add more, I Think I did)
- Cilantro to top of with
- Bean sprouts (Optional)
- 320g broccoli
- 200g spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp fresh ginger
- coconut oil
- 80g leek
- Little less than a tsp garam Masala
- Little less than a tsp cumin
- 1 tsp agave
- Juice from 1/2- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp tamari
- Some green thai curry + some turmeric and some chillipepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Rice, spinach, cooked snow peas, lime and bean sprouts to serve
- 1 stock cube
1. Heat the coconut oil in a pot. Add in the leek and ginger & Cook until the onion becomes soft.
2. Add in the Spices and the lentils, let Cook for a few minutes Before you add the water, tamari, agave, vegetable broth and lime juice.
3. Cut the spinach into small pieces and add in together with the broccoli. I cut my broccoli into really small pieces but you can totally do it more chunky if you want to.
4. Let it Cook until the lentils become soft, about 10-15 minutes. Serve over rice topped of with some fresh cilantro!