It’s that time of year when pumpkins are everywhere and pumpkin spice is a must!
So I thought I will share with u how to make pumpkin spice at home...
I usually prepare it and keep it in fridge and when I feel like I can just take and add to whatever I want to. Mostly it’s breakfast porridge or latte, but same thing you can use to make soup or sauce - it’s gluten free and vegan so everyone can play around it in a way they like!
So how to make it?
1. You cut pumpkin in a half and clean out all the seeds and rest of soft part - I use spoon and just scrape it off.
2. I cut it in smaller pieces (4-6 depends on size) and spray pumpkin “meat” part with coconut oil.
3. I put it in oven at 180’ and I leave it there for 1/2 hour or until soft.
4. I let it cool and then take off skin - normally it’s coming off easily just by pulling it a little.
5. I put it in blender,add some cinnamon and nutmeg (can be added later, but I use those spices whenever it’s pumpkin so I choose to add it now) and blend until smooth. If u prefer to have a bit texture - use fork to make it porridge like.
6. I store it in fridge in some closed box up to 4 days (it never last longer - I eat it up)
To make pumpkin spice latte just add your espresso a spoonful with this and mix it well before adding milk. I add it to my morning oatmeal or almond porridge. If I want it sweeter use some agave syrup or other natural sweeteners and of course cinnamon and nutmeg after taste!
Hope this was useful!
Let me know how u use pumpkins during season ;)